Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Farewell and Welcome!

I'm feeling real Perky!!!! hehehehehehe... got a great phone call this morning. Made me smile...hopefully 2009 is all about smiles. and I'm on a percocet cause i can't take the migraine pain anymore...

I reached the lowest point in my life this year and the highest point. I've cried myself to sleep, and i woke up happy. I've been tested and I've had easy days. Through it all God was there for me even when I wasn't riding with Him. He has taught me so many things and shown me facets of His love that I can never doubt. My main desire is that I take God into my heart in 2009 and let His love grow and manifest in my life.

2009 - my year of loving....


Things I hope go away in 2009

1. Leggings - c'mon you know you o.d'ed this year. Yes I know leggings are cheaper than pants but that is still no excuse to never wear jeans, slacks, or a skirt. (Sorry prodigious one)

2. TypInG LiKe tHis: why do people do that? that is really really really annoying! (sorry kate, again)

3. Being broke!!!! this recession is depressing... and the only thing I see in my wallet is a charlie card and a bank card with no cash. Gas destroyed my savings account over the summer, so when the depression hit I barely survived.

4. Being single. Don't get me wrong I love the single life but I think I might have to pair up by this time next year. I'm gonna be 23 this year for crying out loud. If I'm going on the timeline set for me by my Daddy, I only got 2 years to fall in love, make sure he's the one, get proposed to, plan a banging wedding, and get married...

5. A broken heart/betrayal. Fuck you. period.

6. MIGRAINES!!!! although perks are kinda fun....but I'm no druggie...so I can deal without the brain pain lol...

7. Beating around the bush. I've improved a lot - and you all know it. But I hope this year I can just come and say what's on my mind. period!

8. Petty arguments that escalate for no reason. Old conflicts that no one remembers the cause of.

9. Being carless! DAD GIMME BACK MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Things I loved about 2008 that should def be in 2009

1. Birthday cakes!!!! (mostly Ed's doing lol)

2. shindigs and THIRSTDAY! Oh BC how we miss you, but thanks to Woody and Margarita!!! They came through clutch.

3. Taboo!

4. Having a good time doing absolutely nothing.

5. Watching the same music videos every week for hours and enjoying them like they were brand new.

6. DJ E-WEEZY!!!

7. Shotti wedi and GoGo's dancing!

8. Cav...but that will be a lil bit after 2009...

9. All my singles ladies!!!! i love you... oh yeah and Deb, too - You're so not single! lol

10. Trips!!! I think we should take a cruise...what yall think!?

11. Love!!!! you know I'm all about that L word.

12. THE. BUN.

3 comments:

Prodigious said...

lmao...thanks for the incesant shout outs!! love the post..inspiration def!!! i can so concur with your list of things you'll miss!!!

dessex said...

Go go dancing... Is that beating yo feet? I think that's the coolest dance ever.

Anonymous said...

bye bye 08, lets go 09, beating around the bush... I say, say what you gotta say, take risk and deal with everything as they come, the petty arguments are a must go, because they're not worth it, especially if at the end of it you have no idea what started it... having a good time when you aren't doing anything is a plus cuz imagine how fun it'll be when your actually doing something... and love always as if you've never been hurt, cuz you'll find that person soon enough that will return that love right back, keep believing in it... looking forward to 09, new beginnings, new life situations, new people to meet, new person to give my love to(hopefully), ready to take it head on with God leading the way...


C.E.B.M.