
Admit it. You've said this to yourself, or to your significant other, or to your friends in your defense. So many topics come to mind when I hear the phrase "we were on a break," but I'll just zero in on one...
Is "We were on a break" a legitimate excuse for kicking it with home girl/boy?
Scene:
You've been together for a year and a half. Somewhere it all went a lil sour. And when the fights started and progressed it soon became unbearable. And then the "I need space" conversation took place and you soon find yourselves going from daily communication to bi-weekly if that. You are definitely on a break, but are you broken-up? Is talking to another girl/guy fair game on a "break"? or are you supposed to be working out your personal issues so that when you reconvene with your significant other it can all be better? Doesn't adding someone to the equation just complicate everything???
And then you gotta factor in how soon after this alleged break you hook up with someone else. If it's within a week or two that is mighty suspect, 'cause that just means you were setting up that play while you were still with your S.O. (Is setting up a play cheating?) If it's a month or two, well, that happens.... but if it's a month or 2 are you on a break or broken-up? Is there a difference?
You all know what it's like. You break up Monday and come Friday it's all "baby I'm sorry. I love you, too." You know you'd be heartbroken if your S.O. told you on Wednesday he/she slept with X, Y, and/or Z. Why? Cause the emotional investment is still there... and isn't that what a relationship all about - emotional investment?

What's my take?
If we are on a break, we are broken-up. And if we broke up then it must be for a good reason. The break-up to make-up cycle is dangerous and draining. It gets confusing and then you have to hear about your S.O. doing something and then the drama begins. I'm all about the "if you don't wanna be with me, then don't." Yeah I'll be hurt. Time heals all wounds...so I hear. But don't play me please. Cause as far as I'm concerned if we still fighting we still together and if I hear you messed with oh girl. I'm pissed. Permanently. Period.

Thought this was funny...Caveat Blogger. lol!
What's your opinions? Let's discuss...see you in the comment section!
2 comments:
Ummm...Yea this happened to one of my ex girls...she had communicated to me that she wanted to be on a break...I dont believe in breaks...either you want it or not...simple...
I remember saying "Are you sure you want this break shit?" A week later I was talking to another girl, and that she became my girlfriend...grimey...yes i know...But that's what happens when you try to break me...I BREAK YOU!!! hahaa
lololol at the last cartoon
Post a Comment