
(that photo is not a shot at any ex or future boyfriends. just thought it was funny)
"Where are you?"
"I'm on the train. I'm gonna get cut off tho."
"Ok... let me know when you get home cause I cooked you some food."
"Word! Thanks Mamma!"
I head underground. I hop on the dreaded bus and hurry home. FOOOOOD! That's the way to my heart. Maybe that's why I love my mom so much. She always knows what to feed me when I need it most. And since I've been living off of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, apples, pizza, and fries, a home-cooked meal is GOLD! So she comes to my lil attic and delivers the containers of joy! (I'm gonna eat that for 2 days in a row - B. L. & D.)After I help her with some paper work, we watch Oprah together and she helps me with my hair. So I guess you can say we had a lil mother-daughter moment. To be honest I just love when people come visit me. Living by myself has its perks (walking around naked) and its pitfalls (walking around naked....alone) <---lol. When my mom told me she was leaving, the thought of her walking down those stairs and leaving me...alone...was tormenting me so I decided to go HOME HOME (Maine... but not really) just for the company.
We left MLA (*my lil attic* for future reference) to get my lil sister who was with my father. We get to the house and my dad calls me out the car...just to give me a hug?
"I should be the one hugging you so you don't have to find a guy on the street to do it"
He thinks this is hilarious. I'm a little irritated because he's hugging me so tight and he is squeezing my arms down, while we are walking down the uneven stairs. I'm also confused because my dad hasn't had a conversation with me in weeks. We dropped each other. I admit that our lack of communication is mutual, but he's the father in this situation. Then he says...
"I know you have a boyfriend. That's why you've dropped me. It's okay. It's only natural."
I don't have a boyfriend, dad.
"yeah...okay..."
no, really, I don't.
"Well if you don't have one at 22, when are you ever gonna have one!?"
He sounded disgusted. Like I had a disease. Like I was damaged. Like there was something wrong with me.
I don't want a boyfriend, dad.
"What!? you can't wait til your 31 you know...that's too late. You won't find anything good then."
This is a very common topic these days. Both my parents have been coming at me hard with this boyfriend mess. I don't even think about it until they bring it up. It's weird...idk. But what I do know is that for some reason, it felt different when my dad said this to me yesterday. It actually cut a lil deep. Maybe it was his timing, his tone, or the fact that he caught me off guard. Well, in all fairness they always catch me off guard so I should expect any conversation topic. But boyfriends...really!? if I knew life post college was gonna be all about getting me out their house for good, I would have stayed in high school.
What yall think? Should I be taking that boyfriend step right about now? C'mon you read my blog...you know where my head is at...
I say "no" off grip... but if it happens...then it happens. Hmmmm maybe I should do a pros and cons list... lol...sike that's too much work.
3 comments:
Oh, so ur mom cooked you food. I could have sworn that I had food coming my way...i guess not...Since I'm mad at you im siding with ur dad...get a bf...haha
Hmmm...worry about yourself before you try and worry about adding a boyfriend to your puzzle
Thats true u should def worry about Cam b 4 adding some1 else to the pic, but... Your getting older and I know that going out 2 the bars and movies and shit wit the crew aint cuttin it.. U need 2 go out wit some1 and enjoy urself.. U need 2 get on the Ed, Lou, Butta, nd Wood train... Start slowm taje ur time... But u need 2 start...
P.s U kno i love u boo.. Nd hopefully see u at Thirstday.. :)
Post a Comment