Monday, March 9, 2009

a mouse in the house

I'm not even gonna apologize. Bottom line: if you're reading this blog you still love me. Isn't love all that matters? (no worries, I don't even believe that sh*t myself)

So I wake up and realize that I'm still on this stupid bus sitting next to the fat man whose arm keeps falling on top of mine everytime he drifts to sleep. This guy was snoring so loudly, I could hear him through my good headphones. Usually I get a little embarrassed by how loud my headphones are but this time I wanted to go deaf. And he was the creepy snorer! Loud snort, long snort, short ones, 30 min ones....ugh. Terrible.

So anyway, I wake up and look out to the dismal snowy sky and for the first time in my 22 yr life I said, "I hate Boston." I know, please forgive me you devout Bostonians. But leaving DC's 70 degree weather, where I was strolling around sipping an ice-ice baby strawberry and mango smoothie (yum and thank you Mal for putting me on! smooches) in my new gladiator sandals (my dream! yall know the closer I get to being barefoot the happier I am) was BRUTAL! (that was a long sentence.) I. didn't. want. to. come. home. AT ALL!

My escape from reality was very eventful (so look out for those updates). But the weekend served its purpose - cause your girl is blogging again (which means I found some sense of clarity). I had fun this weekend. Like real fun. Didn't act like an adult for a minute this weekend. But now I have to...I'm gonna be 23 this year.....scary.

You guys know what I blog about: Love and Life. Simple. Don't like it?....find another blog. I didn't mean that...stick with me.

So I come home and the snow was hurtful. Like it really made my toes numb. And then when the warmth came back it hurt like hell. But I trooped it....home....aka Rey's house (cause she has food at her crib and I definitely do not...and cable...and a couch.). The time comes for me to go to my lil attic. Stan helps me upstairs only to be welcomed by a terrible, terrible smell. It kinda smelled like a skunk ate too much ice cream and sprayed and shat all over my walls and floor - except it was clear and dried up.

What caused the smell?

A dead mouse.

Just chillin, dead, by my fridge. Like "yeah mutha effa i live here, too!" Well, no the hell you don't. But the stench was terrible. And Stan's 6 foot 2 punk ass was not going anywhere near that thing. He made that very clear as he ran down the stairs. Call your sister, her shouted back at me. And that's what we did, we made Regine come upstairs and her midget butt had an abundance of courage, valor, balls. and she scooped it and bagged it and dumped it like "wtf is wrong with yall lil bitches, it's just a mouse." (a dead one at that.)

But I couldn't stay there, so here I am back at my sis' house blogging on her new laptop. yep I'm jealous.

But let's revisit this mouse hooplah for a second before I leave you guys for this leather couch, some entertaining as hell urban fiction (I don't usual read that genre), and CABLE. I expected Stan to save the day. He fit the description. Tall, island man. Ain't no one from an island afraid of a mouse. period. I was deceived. It was the person I didn't expect who came to the rescue. No she wasn't a random person. She's always there. Saving the day was nothing to her. Just "the thing to do." See what I'm getting at? (go head...dig a lil deeper). This weekend I learned that the people who will have your back...will have your back. No matter how much it may inconvenience them. Until they day you hurt them. Now that undying, forgiving love... that's what I'm thinking about now. Do you ever let that go? What on earth is better than "the dependable"? answer that....

smooches. I'll be back tomorrow....well later today...promise. It's already scheduled.

4 comments:

Jen of JustGrowAlready.com said...

"What on earth is better than "the dependable"? answer that...."

jus when i got my mind to slow down, you start back up. only problem is I can't process my thoughts.

Unknown said...

that question is driving me crazy....

Prodigious said...

I love how everything prior to the final thought seemed to be leading everywhere but there! It is very true..."..the people who will have your back will have your back!" No matter what...loyalty doesn't change!

Prodigious said...
This comment has been removed by the author.