Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Read This NOW: It's Urgent!!!!

I must admit that, although I love action and drama, nothing can top a romance or a romantic comedy. Yeah, I know. That makes me cheesy...and blah, blah, blah - I'm such a girl. (whatever :P)

But I gotta ask: what's with all the running!?

You know what I'm talking about. You know, that scene when he realizes OMG! She's the one!!

or

She starts walking away, stops, looks back and realizes.

AND THEY BOLT!

The do the opposite of what love has made us all want to do (runaway!) and they run towards each other. And that moment, if written/acted correctly, is so intense. It's like they completely forget all the BS they just went through in the 2hour movie or 300 page book and just leap into each other's arms. (My favorites are the ones where they hug for what seems like centuries, so tightly, then they realize "WTF I SHOULD BE KISSING YOU!")

But why is it so urgent!? Why couldn't she continue walking away, go to pizza shop, get some fries and eat them with ketchup and hot sauce, then go out, come home, watch TV, go to sleep, wake up, and then have it click? For obvious cinematic reasons we all want to see the climatctic ending. But, all that aside, why does that moment have to be sooo urgent? Is that what happens when you realize? Does that sprint show how dedicated you are to making it work? Why is it so RIGHT NOW!? Is it because with love sometimes things just can't wait....?

I don't even know why I'm thinking about this... Maybe it's because I've never had they "I gotta run to you" moment (cue pre-crack Whit). Have you? or is this just a movie thing...?

What do you think? care to share a moment?

3 comments:

Jen of JustGrowAlready.com said...

(My favorites are the ones where they hug for what seems like centuries, so tightly, then they realize "WTF I SHOULD BE KISSING YOU!") ---- I completely relate to this. There was a movie, I'm pretty sure I was it with you, in which there was a scene exactly like this.

Jen of JustGrowAlready.com said...

"But why is it so urgent!?"

I just have to go back to Love Jones.

Nina Mosley: You always want what you want when you want it. Why is everything so urgent with you?

Darius Lovehall: Let me tell you somethin'. This here, right now, at this very moment, is all that matters to me. I love you. That's urgent like a motherfucker.

Unknown said...

OH SHOOT!!! You're so right!

Damn Love Jones is the movie!!!!!! DAMN!