Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy "It's all about Gretchen Day"

This is the note I left for my boss (well ex-boss, I temped at a school over the summer but they loved me so much they always call me back) cause she was out sick today. Thought it was funny and thought I'd share. This is why she loves me so much! lol

WAIT!!!! Read the post underneath this one! and COMMENT!!!! PLEASE!!!! let me know you were here...don't make me beg...i ain't too proud!

My Dearest Aliza,

I just want to say that I think that your fake “sick voice” was VERY good. I was amazed at how you could just use it on cue! Extraordinary, really! But if you wanted the day off you should have just said, “I QUIT!!!....for one day.” Nonetheless, I hope you had fun dilly-dallying around the house in your pajamas, watering plants and what not. Meanwhile, I, a person with an actual work ethic, labored intensely at JCDS from 9:30 to 4:30. No lunch break, might I add, true to Aliza form! And this is what I accomplished:

1. I ate a plain bagel with veggie cream cheese, and a medium hot coffee with cream and four sugars from……drum roll please……DUNKIN’ DONUTS!!!!!
2. Chris, Miriam, and I watched Chris’s kids wrecking her basement on Youtube.com.
3. I ate half of a pomegranate at your desk. Those purple spots on you calendar are little splatters of pom juice. Sorry.
4. I wrote my birthday (with minimal decorations- didn’t want to be too flashy) on your calendar.
5. I joked around with Miriam (who did NOTHING all day).
6. Jamie ignored me. She came to visit but didn’t talk to me.
7. I stole Jamie’s card when she wasn’t looking and did some personal grocery shopping. I was kind enough to give her the receipt. It was just a hundred bucks….no biggie!
8. I cleaned my nails.
9. I answered the phone.
10. And of course, I wrote this note….


Hope you “feel better.” Don’t worry I won’t let your secret out! (Hmmm, maybe I shouldn’t forward this to all the staff then…)

Love,

The new, improved, younger,
and all the other words that imply an upgrade,

Aliza

a.k.a.

GRETCHEN!!!!

(You may know the name from the universal holiday “It’s All About Gretchen” Day – which is everyday.)