Don't worry. It's okay to cry (gents included) I don't judge. I know it hurts sometime - but the best part about missing me is that you can appreciate it all the more when I get back to you.
There is sooo much to blog about. But we'll get back to all the juicy boy stories (of which there is 0.5) and the stories of my insanity or my sporadic silliness (okay okay constant silliness) at work for some other posts. Today we discuss CALIFORNIA!!!!
Yes! This was a girl's first time so far west. The farthest I've been is Wisconsin. So California is like going to China for me. I found out I was going Friday at about 10 and I bought my ticket Friday at about 5 (my brother funded the ENTIRE weekend). I didn't go home after class...i mean, why would I? so instead i went to Ed's crib to chat and do the weekly round-up (see you thursday) and then we went to woody's where we watched the already roasted Flavor Flav get roasted on a comedy central dvd. Funny! I need to finish that btw. So anywho I head home and I try to stay awake the whole morning, 'cause I figure if i go to bed at 12 what are the odds that I wake up in 4 hours (about 1 in 7684) and I need to pack, so staying up it is. Good thing I had help from a friend of mine who talked to me for 59 minutes (heaven forbid he talk to me for a WHOLE HOUR!) ! Thanks bud. Meanwhile, when I got off the phone the intention was (yes) to climb off my bed, and (yes) pack my bags and (yes) put them in the car and (YES) stay up til four. Ummm no i didn't get out of bed, and no i didn't pack my bags, and no i didn't put anything in the car, and no I didn't stay up. My mother actually came in my room at 4:50 like, we gotta leave so we can make it to the airport. Shit! I had to pack in 10 minutes, shower in 2 and leave in 1. Success. I don't know how I managed but I guess I'm that great of a procrastinator. So off we go, I did about 80 all the way to logan (i live way to far for comfort) and I hope on the plane, send the mandatory-too-early-in-the-am-tell-your-friends-your-leaving text message and check the VIEW! i caught the sunrise. It really made my heart melt. No literally, the sun is so much hotter up there. But it was beautiful. Chick next to me tried to get me to shut the shade....umm sike...i picked a window seat for a reason. So in between naps and munching on those DELICIOUS BROWNIES margaret gave me (the same ones ed tried to steal) I looked at the lakes, rivers, mountains, canyons, and cities, and clouds, and marveled at all the grandeur.
So I miss my connecting flight from Vegas because i was randomly selected for an additional security screening. I was pissed about the screening! but I was in Vegas so how could i be so mad!? it's sin city for crying out loud. So I wait and eat my veggie burger (bitch) and chill. Then I hop of the plain and land (back in time) in LA!!!! YAY!
and now you have to wait for the rest of my story because i am actually dipping out of class early today to go to the movies! fun for me! trust me! there is lots more...so check back!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
that's how you know i've slipped in ranks... my phone never vibrated... smh *shrug*
Post a Comment