I'm an English Major, which means that supposedly I read a lot. And I do - I've read a lot of books and one theme, especially with older works of literature, that is very prominent is that of chastity. Virginity. Innocence. Marriage.
My religious beliefs lead me away from self adornment and for that reason I do not wear jewelry. Although I know many Adventist couples who share wedding bands, and wives with engagement rings, my parents do not - and I believe that I will choose that same path. Why am I talking about engagement and wedding bands? I'm getting there.
So my-ex and I (I swear this is the last time I'm going to bring up my ex in these posts - people might get the impression that I'm not ever him - but lets face it, I was with him for nearly 3 years) had this huge debate about a wedding ring and he said he would never marry someone who would not wear a ring. SO, I guess we couldn't get married (lol). But I cannot deny that there is something special about a wedding ring/engagement ring. 1. You always wear it (or you should always wear it) and so it becomes a constant reminder and representation of commitment. 2. The band- the perfect circle that never breaks - signifies a permanent, everlasting unity. 3. (I saved the best for last!) A woman's vagina is many times related to a circle. A ring. There is something about the finger sliding through the ring that is a representation of perpetual intercourse. As it should be. Your husband/wife should be yours in every sense of the word. Forever. And only. How much more perfect would it be if that ring is never before penetrated before a promise of love, devotion, protection, commitment, honor, support, security, and friendship is made. That is a ring I would proudly wear.....feel free to go to Tiffany's....
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment