If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? If I sing the perfect song and no one hears it, does it exist? Is it still perfect? Seemingly obvious questions, right? Arguably, pretty dumb ones at that. And yet, we act like we don't know the answers to these questions.
Of course if a tree falls in the forest it makes a sound. The only variable in the question posed is whether there is a person with the ability to hear present. Tree makes a sound nonetheless. So if you hurt me, but don't see me cry, did you really hurt me?
Yesterday made me single for quite some time and it was uneventful as any other day. But I've been thinking, in the aftermath of love, what have my senses lost? What was said, that I chose not to hear? What was done, that I chose not to feel? What was right in front of my eyes that I chose not to see? If I didn't absorb it...did it happen? Isn't how I'm affected what matters most? As I travel in this journey of life, how can I be sure to hear what is unsaid, see what isn't before my eyes, or feel what doesn't happen? How can I be the person in the forest listening to a falling tree?
Here is a perfect song that you should hear, just hope you listen...
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment