Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Young Ceremonial Attendant

I was looking up the meaning of "Gretchen" even though I already know it. Pearl, yes Gretchen means pearl. I can dig that. I'm able to turn something bad into something great, the same way a clam or other mollusks use miniature intrusions as the object around which to wrap in nacre and form a pearl. I'm able to protect myself from things that can harm me and make them into something magnificent! Fab! I can live with that. So if you're a sucky person and you wanna be great - hang around me, and I'll make you great! jk!

OK! so on to the middle name! Camille. Pretty right!? I know.... NOT!!!! It means friggin YOUNG CEREMONIAL ATTENDANT! An old woman once said it meant self-sacrificing - what she really meant was SERVANT!!! Way to sugar coat slavery! And here I am thinking it meant, fabulous, amazing, gorgeous, or the like...BOY WAS I WRONG!

Maybe I am so upset because there is so much truth involved in this...servitude....sacrifice....hmmmm

0 comments: