I sat in PF Chang's today with my sister. We started talking about random things on the walk from her job to the restaurant, but once our butts hit the booths the conversation turned to men...boys...males....whateva. I spent most of dinner listening to her tell me about her serious boyfriend and how things were between them. I refuse to blog about other people's relationships, but she did say somethings to me that stuck. She said all she wants is for him to "say what he means, and mean what he says." That reminded me of Horton Hears a Who (I saw that with my nephews and queen niece) when the elephant (Horton) says: "I meant what I said, I said what I meant. An elephant stays faithful 100 percent." Damn. Can I date an elephant please!? She also said something along the lines of communication kills conflict. 'Nuff siad, but the English major part of me must elaborate. Communicate and you will resolve issues. I think we are afraid to communicate because we are afraid the resolution to problems will be negative. Embrace resolutions and honest communication.
Meanwhile, I've concluded there are no single, straight, attractive guys in Boston. I think I looked cute today (Jen can co-sign (I hope), she seen me) yet no cutie stopped me on my way down Boylston, or while cruising Downtown. What the flip. I'm not looking for a boyfriend (I don't think) but can a girl get some attention. It was 80 degrees today for goodness sake! No carnal attractions brought on by the mini heatwave???? WOW!
I also thought about why a certain person is still in my life. Why do I communicate with him? What do I gain from it? I need to answer these questions...NOW ish. Because a lot of the time I want to erase everything about him from my memory, but yet I allow him to remain. I'm thinking. I mean, I know I'm not in love with him, I don't wanna be with him, and I don't lead him on. So....hmmmm...idk man....I'm thinking...
Always gotta end on a happy note. So here it is, your moment of zen: "the b**** was so easy, a caveman could do her." HA! Thanks Fabolous for making me laugh out loud on the train at that one.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I LOVE P.F. Chang's...I took Marcus there for his birthday last week...k....k getting to the post...lol...I need an elephant too! Geeeezzzeeee...but really why do u still talk to him, besides the fact that he's like ur lil lap dog??!!!
actually, u weren't lookin cute
damn twin...stinka she said you looked like a foolywang
lol im mad u picked up the word foolywang....damn you ybf (i think its my fault....shoulda never given u the site...ur hooked. like jen is on c&d)
Say What you mean and mean what you say!!!!
Post a Comment