Ok SO! This person's name have striking similarities to a certain NBA team. (SMH if you don't get that one!!!) The 2 topics I am writing about are unrelated (kinda) but this person came to my mind when each topic was discussed.
This probably will do wonders for your ego - unnecessary wonders, might I add! To have someone as fabulous as myself take the time to be even slightly inspired by you, but inspired enough to write about you - well kinda about you, but mainly about me. This is MY blog (LOL!)
Friday, my mother, two sisters and I sat in the waiting room while my father was in surgery. My mom brought up, how when I get dressed up or walk into a room, that I looked extremely confident. I was flattered mainly, but a little part of me wondered if I would come off conceited to others. Years ago, when I was going through an "ugly duckling" phase (don't judge me! I'm now a beautiful swan! :-D) I prayed and asked God to give me confidence and he did, and it hasn't rubbed off (more than 7 years later). I don't think I am better than anyone I just know that I am the only person who can be me. Thus, I am the best me--and by default the best. And I strive in most all situations to be the best that I can be (that's sounds kinda like the Army ads).
So at what point does Self-confidence become Conceit?
Here's where you come in, NBA team sound-alike. You're kinda like that person that most people either love or hate. They either get you or don't. And that can be a good thing - you don't have to worry about anybody straddling the fence when it comes to what they think about you --and that adds some clarity to your life. And NO ONE can argue that you aren't a confident person. A VERY CONFIDENT PERSON. A VERY VERY OVERLY SELF-CONFIDENT PERSON! (am I pushing it? LOL!) But you get my point. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with thinking highly of one's self. Nothing wrong with thinking that you are the best at what you do and that no one can do it like you. But when is it too much? Is it when you put on a shirt saying "YOUR NAME" or a shirt saying "WHO DA (Insert obscenity here) IS (Insert Your Name Here)?" or is it when you just refer to yourself as simply "Greatness"??? For your career choice I can see how thinking like this and promoting this kind of thing is necessary...but where does humility come in? Does it? When do you go overboard? What problems does this cause? (comment!) ...and nba team sound alike, I am not passing judgment, just asking questions. I know you can handle it; I have CONFIDENCE that you can.
Topic 2: The person I didn't have a conversation with in my car the other night asked me if I would date an entertainer.
My instant reaction was "NO!"
"Really?" He asked.
"Umm yeah, NO!"
I went on to say something that rambled on like this:
I mean, let's be serious. Like Kanye said, "how do you stay faithful in a room full of hoes?" Then he gotta go on tour and promote his album, blah, blah, blah. He's gonna be away from home. And he's gonna get horny. And he's gonna see an ass fatter than mine (most non-white asses are), and he's gonna try to beat, and he probably will, and there is no way he'll get caught (usually), and what I don't know won't hurt me, and what he can get away with won't hurt him either, and he'll make a secret habit of it, and I'll be where I'm at thinking I'm holding it down, when in reality I'm not -AT ALL! SO yeah...ummm NO!
SO mr. not-in-the-car-with-me was a little surprised at how adamant I was and asked, "Ok so what if you know him before he makes it?"
MOI: Fame changes people, money changes people, and hoes change people.
"What if you absolutely knew you had his heart?"
MOI: Then it would be no prob. I can only be with someone I can trust. If I can't trust you I can't even consider you a good friend, let alone a boyfriend, or a husband.
SO mr. nba, back to you. You're on the entertainment path and I immediately thought about you when asked this question (well not immediately but like a couple minutes into it). I wondered how you'd handle girls who were coming at you (FLY GIRLS-- I'm talking girls so fly its like they spend all their time at the spa and beauty salon- the only time they're not there is when they are in the mall and hunting for entertainers like you) cause they were attracted to fame and money like bugs to light bulb. How would you handle it, with a girlfriend at home? Would you abide by the "what you don't know won't hurt you policy" or "that's my girl, I love her, so no I won't do anything to hurt her?" How do you plan on separating fact from fiction? The girls who are there for the real you and the girls who are there for the stage name. How is there any way a girl can know the real you if all she's been introduced to is the stage name and not the person before the fame?
Are you bold enough to answer these questions on this post? LOL. You don't have to (email me or aim me or something), but shed some light, cause these are legitimate questions. Everyone else comment, too!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
OMG!!!!! That was absolutely hilarious.
The bottom line is Mr. Entertainer will cheat if he has no respect for you and above all no respect for himself! If he respects himslef and has a deep moral fiber then you should be safe. I believe that once someone has given you their heart you should treat it as you would your very own beating heart and vice versa!
So can he be faithful? Only he and God knows that truth....
Lol...lmao!!! word stinka...just gonna put him out there like that!!!! Personally, I don't....u know what...I don't even have to say anythgin cuz u already know what I think!!! And I'm pretty sure you know the answer to those final questions posed to Mr. Entertainer!! ;-)
AFTER IM DOING COMMENTING ON THE BLOG I SHALL GET TO YOUR COMMENT BOSTONIAN BEAUTY...
UMMM ALLOW ME TO INTERJECT FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNO IM GONNA TAKE A WILD GUESS AND SAY THAT UMM... IM MR NBA SOUND ALIKE.. GOOD ONE CAM. REALLY
NOW FOR THE 1ST PART CONCEITED IS DEFINED AS " having an excessively favorable opinion of one's abilities, appearance, etc." AM I THAT MOST WOULD SAY YES WITHOUT THOUGHT... HOW EVER IMMA DROP SOME JUELZ SO PICK THEM UP (SLANG FOR EDUCATE YOU SO LISTEN/READ)
THE SYNONYMS FOR CONCEITED ARE AS FOLLOWS vain, proud, egotistical, self-important, self-satisfied.
HUMM NOW I SAY THAT TO SAY THIS... I BARE ALL THE TRAITS ABOVE BECAUSE THAT IS SOMETHING THAT WAS INSTILLED IN ME AS A CHILD.. I WAS TAUGHT NEVER TO SETTLE FOR LESS AND NEVER WAIT FOR THE NEXT PERSON TO TELL YOU UR DOING WHAT EVER U DO WELL.. CUZ WE ALL NO THE AVG PERSON WILL POINT OUT A FLAW BEFORE THEY GIVE YOU CREDIT.. JUST THE FACTS OF LIFE..
ALSO BEING IN THE FIELD THAT I AM IN.. WHERE THERE ARE WOLF..SNAKES.. AND WHERE PEOPLE WILL STEP ON THEY OWN FLESH AND BLOOD TOGET AHEAD.. I HAVE NO ROOM TO SHOW WEAKNESS.. IF YOU A THE LEADER OF THE TEAM AND U SHOW WEAKNESS WHEN EVERY1 LOOKS TO YOU AS THE GO TO MAN.. YA TEAM STARTS NOT BELIEVING.. THE SECOND U SHOW WEAKNESS IN THIS LINE OF WORK U BECOME A STATISTIC.. IF I DONT THINK IM THE HOTTEST NIGGA DOING IT WHO ELSE IS GONNA BELIEVE IT.. I CANT BE IN A MEETING BOUT TO SIGN A DEAL.. AND THE CEO ASK ME IF IM HOT!! AND ME BE LIKE YEA IM GOOD.. NO ONE IS GONNA INVEST IN A.. UMM IM OK.. U GOTTA LOOK HIM DEAD IN HIS EYES.. AND BE LIKE HOT??? EITHER IM THE BEST NIGGAS DOING IT!! OR EVERYONE IS LOSING IT!! PERIOD!! CUZ U ONLY GET ONE CHANCE SOMETIMES U DONT WANNA BLOW IT BY BEING HUMBLE...
NOW SELF CONFIDENCE DOES THIS SOUND LIKE SELF SATISFACTION WHICH IS THE SYNONYM FOR CONCEITED
NOW LETS LOOK AT THIS WORD CONFIDENCE IS "full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing: We have every confidence in their ability to succeed."(FUNNY THEY USED THIS AS A EXAMPLE)
2. "belief in oneself and one's powers or abilities; self-confidence; self-reliance; assurance: His lack of confidence defeated him."
I HAVE AN INDESCRIBABLE AMOUNT OF CONFIDENCE IN WHAT I DO.. BECAUSE I BELIEVE THAT MY DREAM IS NOT JUST A DREAM ITS IS REALITY AND I WILL OBTAIN IT BY ANY MEANS.. AND I SAY THAT TO SAY THIS.. IF I WAS SITTING ON MY ASS RAPPING ABOUT SHIT, NOT MAKING MOVES, TRAVELING, NETWORKING DOING SHOWS, AND ALL THE OTHER GROUND WORK.. AND WAS SITTING AT HOME LIKE IM NOT GONNA WORK.. IM NOT GONNA DO NUTTIN IMMA SIT HERE AND RAP CUZ IM NICE AND IMMA GET SIGNED.. THEN IF U CALL ME CONCIETED THEN I WILL UNDERSTAND
BUT WHAT I HAVE IS AMBITION, DRIVE, AND IM SO FOCUSED ON THE TASK AT HAND ... I CAN SEE WHERE PEOPLE MISTAKE IT AS CONCEITED.. ITS A CATCH 22 IF U ASK ME
AS FAR AS FOR THE SHIRTS WITH MY NAME ITS A FORM OF MARKETING (WHICH MY DEGREE IS IN) THE MORE PEOPLE SEE IT THE MORE IT BECOMES A BRAND)
CAV BERNAH IS A BRAND JUST LIKE SEAN JOHN, VERSACHE ETC MUSIC IS THE PRODUCT U GOTTA DEVELOP THE NAME B4 N E ONE WANTS THE PRODUCT.. BUILD AWARENESS YA NO... IF I DONT START DOING IT.. WHO ELSE IS GONNA ROC A CAV BERNAH SHIRT TO PROMOTE ME. IT HAS TO START WITH ME.. THEN PEOPLE CATCH ON LATA.. ONE WORD TREND SETTER..
NOW FOR THE FAITHFUL PART.. MR ENTERTAINER.. ENTERTAINS ITS A IMAGE.. ITS NOT ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS IN THE BEGINNING OF THE DAY.. ITS THE END RESULT IT HAS NUTTIN TO DO WITH RESPECT.. ITS ABOUT BEING WITH SOME1 THAT WILL EXCEPT U AND ALL UR FLAWS EVEN IF ITS SLEEPIN WITH OTHER GURLS.. SMOKING CRACK.. STEALING ETC.. IF SHE GONNA BE THERE THATS WHAT THEY CALL RIDE OR DIE CHICK
FEEL FREE TO COMMENT BACK
BTW WWW.MYSPACE.COM/CAVBERNAH
CHECK OUT MY PG..
U KNOW I HAD TO GET A PLUG... HAHA
Well Mr. NBA - How would you honestly feel if your girl stayed sleeping around with other men while the two of you are together? Do you think that she has respect for you? Would you have respect for her if you knew those things about her?
*Say what you mean and mean what you say*
DEAR MISS BOSTON
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION I WOULD HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT IF SHE WAS LIKE THAT FROM THE JUMP... IT WOULD BE SOMETHING I WOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH OR CHANGE IF I WANTED TO BE WITH HER ... BUT I WOULD TAKE INTO FACT IF I CANT CHANGE HER (CUZ ITS HARD TO CHANGE PEOPLE) WOULD I BE ABLE TO LIVE WITH ME BEING AWAY AND HER PHYSICALLY BEING WITH SOME1 ELSE.. AND IF HER HEART IS WITH ME THEN THATS A VARIABLE THAT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE.. NOT SAYING THIS IS RIGHT.. BUT LOVE MAKES U DO UNORTHODOX THINGS.. "COME AS UR ARE" THE BIBLE SAYS THAT.. HE LOVES US AS WE ARE.. KINDA WORKS THE SAME WAY.. LOVE HER AS SHE IS.. FLAWS AND ALL...
*SAID WHAT I MENT AND MENT WHAT I SAID.. GOT IT :)*
Come as you are the good book says. You are still young and learning. I hope that you find someone (to share a life with) who will agree with your theory. There are a lot of variables when it comes down to guy/girl relationships.
I've been there and done that with cheaters and I'm shameful to admit men who physically hurt me. I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT. They did not respect me or themselves. If I'm not cheating neither should you and vice versa. If you are not happy with your significant other leave!
Cheating is not ok! For a million reasons. And so those hoes that you plan on cheating with I hope you get medical records before you bone cause condoms aren't always safe!!!!
If my man is good to me and I will stand by his side. Even when very very tough times arise. But if his flaw is inflicting mental, physical verbal and emotional abuse - I'm gettin gone (and yes I would consider cheating all of the above). HE can stay I'll leave!
You have yet to experience hurt at that magnitude!
DEAR MISS MASSASCHUSTTS
IM NOT SAYIN I CONDON CHEATERS! IM SIMPLY SAYING THAT EVERY1 SITUATION IS DIFFERENT.. IT MIGHT NOT HURT A FEMALE MORE TO LEAVE A GUY THEN TO JUST DEAL WITH HIS CHEATING OR ANYTHING ELSE..
AND AS FAR FOR ME.. I BEEN ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE..
SO IM SPEAKING FROM BOTH SIDES.. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES REMEMBER THAT..
SOMETIMES IT TAKES A MISTAKE TO MAKE ONE RELIZED THAT WHAT HE HAS IS SPECIAL AND IF YOU DONT FORGIVE HOW WILL U KNO!!
ITS ONLY A MISTAKE IF YOU DONT LEARN FROM IT MISS MASS..
:)
HOPE I AINT HIT A SOFT SPOT!
No soft spot hit at all.
I don't believe that there is ever an excuse to cheat. I have never and will never cheat. Its not me. If I'm not happy I will deal or leave. Its that simple. I've been forgiving chearters most of my adult life. I'm just over it now. Let me deal with something different!
What works for me may not work for you! I guess maybe it does depend on the person. But give people chance to have their say so about what they are getting themselves into.
RESPECT
I AGREE WHAT WORKS FOR ME MIGHT NOT WORK FOR U.. WHICH MAKES U, U AND MAKES ME, ME
LOL
U JUST KNOW HOW TO PIC THEM.. U AND YA SIS HAVE THAT IN COMMON I GUESS LOL .. LOVE YA CAM ;)
Does that last comment include you Mr. NBA?
I took them the way they are and they still turned out to be worser than "Shitmen"!
LMAO..
DEAR MISS BEANTOWN
LAST COMMENT DEF DID NOT INCLUDE ME.. CUZ IF IT DID IM SURE U BEING HER SISTER WOULD OF HEARD ABOUT THE GREATNESS THAT I EXUDE..
NO SHITMAN OVA HERE!
MAYBE ITS THE GUYS THAT YOU ATTRACT ? MAYBE ITS NOT THEM.. MAYBE ITS YOU? YOU GOTTA ASK YA SELF THESE QUESTIONS.. NOT SAYING THAT IT IS..IM JUST SAYIN ITS A POSSIBILITY
B4 U POINT THE FINGER LOOKIN IN THE MIRROR SOMETIMES YA KNO
Wow. Hey you are taking things very very personal homie!
Chill my friend. This was a good discussion while it lasted. I din't call you a shitmen. Feeling guilty?
LMAO.... NAH NEVA THAT, ASK AROUND I NEVA TAKE N E THING PERSONAL.. LIFE WOULDNT BE FUN IF I DID THAT...... U READ IT THE WRONG WAY......
VERDICT
NOT GUILTY!!!
classic
Post a Comment