
Dad - Saturday after church I went down to the treasury office to say hi to my father. We hugged, I kissed him on the cheek and he sat down. He made me sit on his lap and he started asking me questions. How was my day? What am I doing later? blah blah blah! Then he looks at my hands (I had given myself a quick and FREE manicure lol) and he grabs my pinky and looks at it for a bit. "You have your mother's hands," he says. There was something about the way he said it that made it sound like a hopeful question and a pleased statement at the same time. And for a minute, I felt like I had done something right in this life. I know it sounds silly; but there was something real in knowing that the man who loves my mother to death sees me in her, the woman I strive daily to be like.
Mom - So Sunday morning at 4:48AM, after I finished filling up Daicy's tank,I drove home...no not BC - LANCASTER! Yeah, I know I'm crazy! (But my mother wasn't driving down the next day and my dads expedition has no brakes, so he would take my moms car, which means he wouldn't be able to drive mine back up (home) --- and I can't take the parking tickets I get when Daicy stays with me....wuteva ---too much back story lol) So I get home - after an arduous, trash-songs-on-the-radio filled ride (thanks Jen for sparing me in the future). Shed my clothes from the front door (a trick I learned from Deb) and climbed into bed. Woke up a painstaking 2.5 hours later to Neldy falling into my bed. And then I heard it. "WHAT A MIRACLE!!!! IS CAMI HOME ON A SUNDAY!!!!???? WHAT A MIRACLE!!!" and no my mom wasn't being sarcastic - she was genuinely happy to have me home! She didn't complain that I came home at around 5:30 she was just happy to have me home. I got up and said good morning, and she hugged me...she hugged me so tightly and for sooo long....made me believe deep down inside that everything would be okay...
Thanks Mummi and Papi for the unexpected love - even though I know it's always there....
makes me think I wanna spend more time at home.....SUPER SIKE...okay maybe just SIKE....ok ok ok maybe not....lol
5 comments:
awww Garfield thats a sweet story and its funny how sleep manage to get into this blog to , Lol
my blog is called narcoleptic eloquence for a reason....i sleep alot!!! DUH!
upset? lol... aww garfield, u curl up just like him haha
o ok! i get it....u and jeffly.....ok ...but what do i expect...couples usually do act alike.....
lol haha :)
Post a Comment