Monday, February 25, 2008

KNOW YOUR ROLE!

Ok from this point forward, everything I say is just real talk. Topic of discussion? Guys who earn the title! of! a b!*ch nigga! In the past, I've had to be the man in the relationship and that's NOT the role that I'm supposed to play! I'm mad that in the past I've been robbed of my role. A man is supposed to be the man! Jennifer said it best: "A real man let's his woman be the woman, none of the emotional, crying, and feminine shit... naaaaa he wraps that shit up." A man is only allowed to be sappy, lovey dovey only 10% of the time, 90% he needs to be a man! my man! It's how we were made to be, it's how God created us. Ways to tell if your man is a girly man?


1. He tells you that you're perfect more than 3 times in the history of knowing him. You know you're not perfect. I want my man to be a man and tell me when I'm wrong, don't disrespect me, but tell when I'm wrong. He's my man (emphasis on man) who loves my flaws because they make me who I am.


2. He compliments you 4 times within 8 hours, he's OD'n it. Compliments should be given with every meal, not every blink. You know you're fly, telling you over and over is not going to change that.


3. Your man is a 'gina man if he expects you to chase him, to woo him, to bag him. No, no girly man, it's not my job to chase you. I'm too fly for that. Maybe I'm old fashioned but it's not my job, it's yours.


4. I should not have to constantly be on the T coming to your spot more than you come mine. No, I didn't sign up for that. Your man is a 'gina man if he expects you to come to see him more than he comes to see you. Effort is needed guys... effort goes a long way.


5. Now, this is huge... enormous... gigantic... In my book, any man that tells me that he likes me to be in control loses swag points automatically. I begin to lose respect for you. Being dominated should never be applied to a man, that's just not your role. Now I'm not arguing for women to assume the submissive role but we're simply strong in other aspects of the relationship. Fellas if at any time you feel the need to be dominated (aside from the typical guy fantasy) you need to wrap that crap (keeping up with the not swearing) up ASAP!


6. You know your man is a b!tch nigga if he cries. Now I know, I know, real men cry but that should only be applied to the death of a relative or extremely close friend. The loss of a girlfriend, death of a pet. Anything else will not be appreciated. I'm supposed to cry, don't take that away from me. You hurt my feelings, I'm supposed to be that one that cries.


7. A man has to be able to make up his mind. You're a man, not a child. Your man is a 'gina man if he asks you to choose the movie 60% of the time, to order for him, to solve a problem for him. I need a man, not a boy. Independent women get shine all the time but we fail to acknowledge the independent men. A man is supposed to know what he wants, what he needs, when he wants it and for for how long ;)


8. There's no other way to say it but it's MY JOB TO BE THE SENTIMENTAL, AWWWWW, MUSHY one in the relationship. If at any time your man thinks he's sappier than you, he should take it upon himself to never tell you. Some secrets are necessary. Men are only allowed 10% of the time to express their sappy side, anything more, then you get the b!tch man stamp, pin, and certificate.


9. & 10. Now the way I see it, you're a man, you're bigger than me, taller than me, stronger than me, you're a man. Fellas if you get mad when you're girl playfully hits you, a punch in the arm, if you get mad and claim that if she hits you it's ok for you to hit her back, if you get mad when your girl playfully calls you names... you're a b$tch nigga! Hands down! A real man gets hit, he eats those, even if they hurt a little he shrugs them off and never shows it.


11. NEEDY... nuf said.


12. Insecure. I don't care how ugly a guy is he has to always believe that he's God's gift to women... that's it

A smart man once said.............

8 comments:

Jen of JustGrowAlready.com said...

smart list from a smart girl! ;)

Jen of JustGrowAlready.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeffly said...

its funny how you(by you i mean woman as a whole) claim to want this strong man who meet all these requirments and then when you find him you make a whole new list, i feel like yall cant be satisfied for more then a year after that yall start with list like this and shit. dont make a list of what you didnt like about your ex's in the past make a list based on what you truly want in a man. lets face it the man you just described is a man that yoou would eventually say doesnt pay you enough attention and then you'd complaim about that. im just speaking for my fellow man who need a representative.

Unknown said...

thats so not true...im bouta post again just cuz of your comment!!!! im not coming at you angrily but i will come at your comment....

Unknown said...

wait, what points on the list do you have a problem with...im not sayin the list is perfect but where is the flaw? this post is all about BALANCE...did you take the time to read the post before this one....?

Jeffly said...

nah i just wrote just to write, of course i read which is why im oppose to some of the things on your list, im gonna blog a response or what i think about the subject

diddy said...

being that i am a MAN... i dont find what ur sayin to be negative... just a lil out of whack. Lemme explain: as my friend JFLY put it the hardest thing in a mans life is pleasing a woman. There is absolutely NO way that women can remain pleased. We constantly have to change it up and attempt to please a woman... what about pleasing the guy too? A relationship is a two way street... an independent woman is whats in right now... laying down and waiting to be picked up isnt gonna work anymore... with that said... i do agree with u... at the end of the day a man HAS to be a man... and whatever comes with that has to be done.

Jen of JustGrowAlready.com said...

i simply want to add that some girls have never approached a guy, never want to, and never will... and there's nothing wrong with that. the post is not saying that women should not chase the guy. if that's what they want, then by all means, go get what you want... but for some women, approaching a guy is jus not something they do. it's not about our day and age it's about preferences. 60 years from now there will still be women that do not like to approach guys. and of course women have to please their man, how else do they expect to keep them then. there's always a ho around the corner jus waiting... if i don't please my man and he starts creeping, can i really blame him... yea imma be sulted but i obviously was not fulfilling my duties.