Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Love Alphabet

I haven't written a poem in ages - so here we go...


Love Alphabet


All I need is your attention, alert attention;

Aware of all my assets, with good intentions.

And in the aftermath of our math: one plus one—

Absolute appreciation would result when we’re done.


And I would be better because of you.

Beaten by the baton of bad, I mean Baaad love;

Buying my affection back from bold thieves,

Who take what they want and then just leave.

But when you’d go, you’d always be back--

Beside me, inside me, being for me.


And I couldn’t count the continuous caresses,

Carrying my consciousness from Cairo to carelessness;

Curling up close—you in my curves, me in your curves

Cruising, coasting, losing control,

Cause we deserve…


Dedication, devotion, a devout devastation

Of all the things that depend on pain.

And I wouldn’t doubt what you’d do to demonstrate

Again and again and again and again,

That indeed your deeds would show

That you’re determined and dedicated to making me know


That every “friend” granting his interests just kills my love.

And yours it would be straight from above.

Money, narcissism, obscene penetration, quite rudely send this

Universe viciously where there’s no love sensation.


And ex-boyfriends and ex girlfriends would be ex-ed off the list;

‘Cause when I’m with you I’m sure there’s no next after this!

‘Cause your love, your love, takes me to ecstasy

Your extra care, extra touch, will be returned, you see,

‘Cause I’d love you extra, EXTRA more than you’d ever love me.


You would be mine and I would be Yours,

From yonder to yonder still.

Yearning in youthful love that would age like wine

And get better with time.

And you, yes, yes, You, You You You would be all I need

Like the Y sign in sign language,

For eternity!


And I’d be black and you’d be white, or I’d be white and you’d be black,

And we would be there always, whether going forth or back.

And no I’m not talking about race, I’m talking bout sex.

And no I’m not talking about doing, I’m talking bout being--

Me, your girl and you, my man

United, together as one—white and black

So yes, Z will always be for zebra.



**note: the sign for the letter Y in sign language is the same as the sign for eternity, just with a forward motion.