Wednesday, February 20, 2008

from Narcolepsy..............to Insomia

The one thing I cling to the most has betrayed me. When I close my eyes, it slits my throat each night and blood flows til it soaks my bedroom floor, and I lie there dead. How could you do this to me, sleep? We had a deal! When I close my eyes and enter your warm caresses, you let me dream....the sweetest dreams, the wildest dreams, the most fantastic dreams. But there in that bed I lay in each night, when I close my eyes I am cursed with the same dream, about the same thing that will never be... I will never sleep again! Okay that's irrational! I will never DREAM again!! Even more so irrational than not sleeping! Then, I remain cursed until these thoughts leave my heart and head...you, too, betray me, subconscious mind!

Yet in all my misery and frustration waking up with your name on my lips helps me forget the pain...just for a moment.

0 comments: