I am guilty as charged! But so are YOU! Yeah you! We've all done it. We've all been there in a relationship with a guy who was good. He said all the right things, did the right things, cared, and was concerned about our feelings. And then he turned BAD and we all vowed to hate everything he did - the GOOD AND BAD! And in the next person we talked to or dated we would look for the exact opposite. If your heart-breaker thought you were gorgeous and felt the need to compliment you about your beauty whenever he was struck to say it, you'd go for the guy who pretended he didn't know how gorgeous you were and rarely, if ever, told you about it. This new guy couldn't be sensitive, cause lets face it, former-heart breaker was sensitive. And the list goes own, couldn't be charming, couldn't make you really-belly-ache laugh, couldn't stroke the side of your face, etc, 'cause in your twisted mind that meant in the end he would be just as bad or worse as your previous heart breaker!
Sounds CrAzY right?!?! It is! And today I realized that we- forget yall, I- need to stop changing what I want in a friendship/relationship/date based on what someone did to me in the past. My expectations can't be lowered because my heart was broken! They have to advance and become harder to meet, so that the guy willing to meet them can prove his worth.
I made that mistake- after my ex- and went for someone who was THE EXACT OPPOSITE! Where my ex was good, this guy was bad and vice versa. But now I just wanna say thank you to the guy who made me realize that I should never lower my standards because a guy I was talking to had none. NOW I'm all about ROMANCE, CHARM, and CHIVALRY!!! HELLS YA!!!!
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment