Thursday, September 11, 2008

Grab the Popcorn! or nachos or whatever people like to eat at the movies

This is a working list of movies I love. I am positive that I left out some great ones just because I can't remember them. I'll keep updating. Meanwhile I can watch all these movies over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...ok i'll stop. They have a special place in my heart/life...

see how many of these would be on your list. (They are not in any order/ranking)


1. Spanglish - you haven't seen it? Well, what the hell are you waiting for!? It is sweet, and honest, and funny, and so many wonderful things. I never watch it just once.

2. Definitely, Maybe - there is no maybe here, you definitely need to see this movie! I like it for secret reasons, too. Watch it and maybe you'll understand.

3. Usual Suspects - Kevin Spacey was awesome in this and the PLOT!? WOW! One of my favorite crime movies! To me it's up there with Scarface and Goodfellas and the like...

4. Notebook - if you haven't seen this, stop reading my blog. Drive to the video store. BUY IT! Don't rent it, 'cause when you finish the movie you'll see why you need this movie in your life FOREVER!

5. Dan in Real Life - This movie caught me off guard. Had no expectation of its greatness. Made it so much better.

6. The Dark Knight - This year's best movie. And definitely top 2 in its genre.

7. Equilibrium - I like guns. I like rogue warriors. I like Christian Bale. I love this movie.

8. THE. LORD. OF. THE. RINGS. TRILOGY!

9. THE. MATRIX. TRILOGY! - no joke. I know ALL the words to the first movie. ALL OF THEM!

10. PIRATES. OF. THE. CARIBBEAN. I love Johnny.

11. The Harry's - I love Harry Potter. The last one was FANTASTIC! can't wait for November. Someone please take me! I'm serious!

12. Stardust - I'm obsessed with this movie. And so is Jen. It's my fantasy!

13. Sound of Music - I sing these songs all the time. You probably get annoyed. I don't care! Because I LOVE LOVE LOVE musicals.

14. Rent - "The heart may freeze, or it can burn. The pain will ease, if I can learn. There is no future. There is no past. I live this moment as my last. There's only us. There's only this. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road, no other way. No day but today!"

15. Beauty and the Beast - BECAUSE DEEP DOWN INSIDE I TRULY BELIEVE WE CAN ALL CHANGE FOR LOVE.

16. Walle - I love this movie. It was beyond sweet! Five STARS! really. a must see. really.

17. Gladiator - because I always cry.

18. 300 - last semester I think Jen and I watched this movie 300 times a week.

19. Devil Wears Prada - ummm. fashion. meryl streep. duh.

20. Family Stone - a movie about a real family. real mistakes. and real love.

21. Love Jones - why waste time reasoning a classic?

22. Brown Sugar - my favorite movie for very personal reasons....plus I just love my twin lol!

23. Ice Age - This was the first time I laughed throughout an ENTIRE MOVIE!

24. Knocked Up - there was a time when I stopped liking this movie. That time has passed....whew.

25. Borat!

26. Superbad was supergood!

27. 40 Year Old Virgin

28. Crash

29. Pineapple Express

30. Lucky Number Slevin

31. Seven

32. Friday 1

33. Kung Fu Hustle

34. Fun with Dick and Jane

35. Happy Feet
- because I believe in Heart Songs!

36. Enemy of the State - F*k a duck!

37. Enchanted - Yes I believe in fairy tales....

What movie would you add????

4 comments:

Jen of JustGrowAlready.com said...

"there's no space between us!"

"say I'm a bird"

"my preccccioussssss"

"follow the white rabbit"

"ho ho ho and a bottle of rum"

yes!! stardust!!!

"you are 16, going on 17"

"five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes"

YES! Beauty and the Beast!! fav of ALL time!!!

"EEeeevvvaaaaaaa"

"Are you not entertained?!"

"This IS Sparta!"

"By all means, move at a glacial pace"

Love Jones and Brown Sugar need no quotes.

"kntt knnttt" (that's supposed to be the little squirrel on crack)

"Mclovvvvvvvin"



that's all i got... some movies, i got nuthin.

Jen of JustGrowAlready.com said...

Saul: Red! You came back! Man, you lied to me. You said you had herpes and Dale said you didn't.

Red: I know Saul. I'm sorry. It's just, after all this, and seeing this guy’s nuts get smashed with my
Daewoo, I love you man.

*pause*

Red: I want to be inside you, homes!

Prodigious said...

You guys are dorks!! lmao... I agree with majority of the list...there are a few on there that I haven't seen. I would add...

ATL- just because I'm obsessed

Harold & Khumar (both of them)- they're both hilarious, especially escape from Guantanamo Bay

The Man said...

i think its hott that you have dick flicks like 300 and gladiator on your list...kinda caught me off guard lol