Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sister Sister

I worked a double yesterday (which is why I didn't post), on my sister's 28th Birthday! Happy Birthday AGI AGI! This is just for you.

September 24, 2008

I think it goes kinda far - the fact that my attempt at saying your name was my first word. It came out as Agi Agi, but I would say it all the time. Whether I was crawling around the trash eating scraps of food mom just tossed in, or sitting on the floor next to you. Guess you'll always be number one. So on your birthday I wanted to go over some of the more memorable moments and some of the reasons (I could never list all) why I love and appreciate you.

1. You are the only person who can hang up the phone on me (YES! you did hang up) and I will call back!

2. In my later teenage years and still on occassion today, you cover for me when mom and dad are looking for me! YAY!

3. You feed me, let me steal borrow your clothes, and claim your couch!

4. You yell at me when I am doing something stupid! Scold me! Tell me to grow up and the like....although I rarely listen, I always hear what you're saying!

5. You look like me! That's the main reason I love you. It's like looking at myself! And I love ME! So, thus, I love you! JK! You're gorgeous...I remember growing up, like "God, please make me as pretty as Regine when I grow up." Little did I know I was selling myself short! JUST KIDDING!!! I swear! You know I think you're absolutely beautiful!

6. Remember all those time you would get mad and kick me out of your room and not talk to me for a day because I couldn't stick to your script when we were playing barbie on the floor in YOUR room. Remember how much of a neat freak you were and that we couldn't even stretch our legs in the massive barbie house you made your room out to be? WOW!

7. I remember all the time mom and dad would leave you in charge and while you would cook breakfast, I'd be your lil slave. Gretchie, go get my glasses upstairs!

8. DO YOU REMEMBER YOUR GLASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? WHOA!!!! That alone should be numbers 8-28! WHOA! Them shits were 2 inches thick, you old bat!

9. Thanks for all the Saturday afternoon pick ups and nights at your house when I wasn't old enough or cool enough to go out. Being with you made me feel like I wasn't a loser.

10. Did I mention all the food. I think this one needs a little more attention. There hasn't been a day that I've come to your house and not opened your fridge and taken at least one thing from your kitchen.

11. Thanks for that day you combed my hair. It was the time I stayed at Varda's house cuz you guys went to a wedding and she combed my hair and it was terrible and then you saw it, made a face of disgust and fixed it. THANK YOU!

12. Thanks for listening to all my guy problems.......all the time.....everyday.....everytime I call you..... thank you.

13. Thank you for making me mad at you sometimes. I think you have to get mad at the people you love sometimes. In that case, I love you a whole lot.

14. Thanks for ALWAYS snapping at me. Like I do to Raisha. Helps me tone it down with her, 'cause I know how it feels....maybe you should tone it down.

15. Thanks for being the person I can walk around aimlessly all day and not get tired of seeing your face.

16. Sometimes you could be such a WITCH with a "b"......lol!

17. Thanks for always opening up to me. I mean literally, like when I walked into the hospital room and saw Victoria come out of you.... Thanks (I'm gonna go vomit now) - If that wasn't the major dose of birth control, I don't know what is.

18. Thanks for listening to my problems and not passing judgment - just yelling at me and giving me advice.

19. Rememer that time you bought me an outfit from express? It was a pair of boot cut jeans and a shirt. Those were my favorite jeans for YEARS until I wore them down and they tore, and became shorts that mom hated because they were too short.

20. Thanks for being the sister with the tattoos so that whatever I do to my body mom and dad will get over when I remind them of your body graffiti!

21. I think I had my first glass of wine at your house....what does that say!? My alcoholism is your fault!

22. Thanks for being there for me that day when I was dumped for the first time ever and felt like I got hit by a truck. I think I woke you up at 2am and you spoke to me for less than 5 minutes, probably 'cause you wanted to go to sleep. But you calmed me down, and assured me I'd be okay and I believed you and went to bed. Thank you.

23. Thanks for telling me I was sooo beautiful on your wedding day. You were the first person to say anything about my appearance, and for a self conscious puberty ridden teenager, you made my day.

24. I just know you'll always be there for me. Even when I'm 40 and you're 65! i mean 46 or whatever.... basically, when you're old! er...

25. Thanks for planning my birthday party this year! Oh, wait, did you just now find that out...well you better get to work then!

26. Thanks for being my tissue when mom and dad would drive me crazy. Mom especially.... Remember when me and dad just could not speak to eachother.

27. Thanks for letting me watch scary movies when I was younger that still traumatize me in my young adult years...

28. Thank you for just being you! Because even if you did nothing for me I'd still love you forever!

Thank you, lady! 2 more years til your nervous breakdown.....

3 comments:

Bostonian Beauty said...

HAHA! I'm gonna kill you when I see you next! This was so sweet. I'm going to add this to all the sweet and thoughtful gifts I've been getting!

Jen of JustGrowAlready.com said...

awwwwwww u make me want a sis... i think

Prodigious said...

Lol at twin!!! This was really nice FeFe!!! might have to steal the idea!!