I'm all about opening doors for people. Letting someone go ahead of me in the supermarket if all they have is an orange and I got two grocery carts full of vegetarian food to eat. And chivalry!? don't even get me started on that one. (I got a great one coming for yall two - Modi and Ric!) But C'MON!!!!! Please stop holding the door for me when it makes NO SENSE. I was walking up thru campanella to get to class today, and this girl was ahead of me and insisted on interrupting my cruise by holding every door for me.....WHEN I WAS 50 FEET AWAY!!! Then I had to pick up the pace and practically jog to the door so I could say thank you. Thank you for what? for making me run with a heavy ass back pack? Thank you for not being able to see that it would be in both of our interests to let the door go and you can get to where you need to be and i can get to where i need to be when I want to get there. JEEZ LOUISE!!! By all means, hold my door when I'm right behind you or five feet away, but for crying out loud if I'm so far away i look like an ant DON'T HOLD THE DOOR!!! wtf...
excuse my mini rant....
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
goodness...if she was holding the door for you, then at least like turn ur back, pick up the phone, and do something that would encourage her to stop opening the door...
blogroll love please...thanks
LMAO.......... YO that shit is funny as hell.. i know exactly what u mean.... this is what i do.. u should do this next time.. if there is two doors.. when they hold it pic up the pace and open the opposite door... or wen they hold the door walk all the way to the door (remember to pick up pace and keep eye contact) then as soon as u get 5 feet away for the door hit them wit the mean right turn.. cuz if ur 50feet away who said that where u was going?.... try that and blog the reactions
Post a Comment