Monday, September 8, 2008

Losing Love

This is a prelude post. I am simply collecting ideas/thoughts, so please post insanely long comments! I am working on a masterpiece on Losing Love so stay tuned.

Whoever said, "It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all" clearly lost at love. A huge part of me feels that this was just a well-worded excuse for a broken heart. Notice how we always try to justify a broken heart like "well at least I learned what I will never do again" or "I learned so many lessons about relationships." But maybe this saying is true. Maybe the love experience is worth the pain of an unfortunate end.

Because something is over does it mean that it never existed? of course not. The mark will always be there. Do the good times disappear because of bad times?

I think the problem is when people try to win (or they lose) at love. The two are completely unrelated. You can't win love, you perform it, you live it. So if you are living something, how can you lose it?

Bottom line: I never lose....I'd much rather deny that I am experiencing love than lose at it.

and because every post must have a list, here are a list of questions you can answer in your post:

1. Have you ever felt that you lost at love? if so, briefly describe the situation ( or not)?
2. Do you feel that your heart has ever been broken? Explain.
3. Would you rather be single than run the risk of being hurt?
4. What is love to you?
5. Do you feel that in loving someone else, you lose a part of you or find a part of you? Explain...

comment damnit!

1 comments:

Prodigious said...

hmmmmmm....some very intense questions!! lol...well I've never felt I lost at love, but my heart has been broken, perhaps one time too many!! lol...but I feel like it was worth it (most of the time) and I say most of the time because I've been in a major point of confusion and misunderstanding about my love life and what love means to me!! Idk...I def wouldn't rather be single (at least not at this point in life) cuz it gets so f'in lonely!! uuuugggghhhh!!! lol....I think you find a part of yourself if you do it right...I think you only lose yourself when you never "had"/knew yourself in the first place! I find that too many times females aren't sure within themselves when they enter relationships and that makes it so easy for guys to do things that eventually break us down and that's when you lose yourself!! ...k that was my rant!!!

~SMOOCHEZ~