Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fact or Fiction - My Martian Best Friend

Drunken dancing. The lights are on at the club and I just want to go home. I've never regretted 4.5 inch heels more. And I wasn't even dancing the whole night! I start to walk across the dance floor and slip - spilled drinks and leather soles don't mix.

He catches me by the back and arm, and saved me from the embarrassment of falling in the middle of the club in a mini-skirt.

"Awwww damn! that's so embarrassing!" I look at him. "Am I that drunk girl that falls in the club?"
"Yes."
"AWWWWWWW DAMN!"
"But you're the hot girl that almost falls in the club."
Immediate blushing takes place. (Yes I can blush, sadly. Makes it so damn hard to hide emotion)

We walk out of the club and he's holding me up or I'm just letting him out of laziness. I think I am allowed that pass because I had about 6 shots of Gold when I could no longer count (that just means I was on a roll and probably would've kept on rolling, 'til I was rolling on the floor).

We walk and talk, and we're talking about....well...anything. We usually just talk about anything. I ask silly questions that lead to serious answers, 'cause I guess deep down I was being serious. "How come you never holla'd at me?"
"I did."
I stop walking.
"Whennnn!?" still very drunk.
"You were just too busy with...other things. But I definitely did." He says this with a cool smile I hate him for.
"Let's keep walking before people start asking questions."

We walk and the drama queen I become when I am drunk stops him again at the side of the building. This time torrents of tears exit my eyes.

He asks what anyone would "why are you crying?"

I can't say that I know.

And in the way only he can handle and calm "drunk me" we get to the car and he promises to talk about this later, when we get to our next destination.

[rewind: I was both pissed and sad in the club. I found out the day before that my dad has cancer; and ex-person of mine said all the right things to piss me off. Add that as an explanation to the tears.]

We sit in the back seat of his car. And he listens to all I have to say [and you all know drunk-me says A LOT...I don't know why I just can't stop!] He hears and already knows all my secrets. And I hate him for that, too. Mainly because he takes everything so easy, and acts like it's nothing. I don't think I've ever seen him lose swag points. A man with untouched swag? Can't exist--that's just unfair. If we were together, I guess it would balance out, 'cause I lose swag points all the time [that's a part of my swag game]. But let's face it I lose the allotted amount of swag points. For example, drunk and slip on the wet floor in the club, could've happened to anyone, but it happened to me, so deduct points. Man disrespects you in public, and you take it, BAD HIT! that's 25/100pts (nonrefundable) gone instantly. Anyway, went off on a tangent there.... ;-)

And then I asked the necessary question: "why aren't we together?" I guess you have to ask that question to help define a male-female close non-sexual relationship, in order to rid your brain of all the what ifs. He gave me an interesting answer, can't really make sense of it--but I think his response drew a clear, solid line making us just friends (exactly as it's always been). Then I proceed to make a huge deal about his girlfriend.

Meanwhile we were in the car for so long and the tearful torrents had me looking a mess, so, in order to make our loooong convo in the back seat (wink wink....ok ok jk) not suspicious, I had to take another swag deduction. He told everyone I was yakking outside! yay me! Even though I wasn't.

Oh, did I mention I made a huge deal about his girlfriend. Oh yeah, I did...but that's just how huge the deal was!

Anyway.... what do you think, fact or fiction? What do you think about the situation?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i personally think ur crazy but im sure u could live wit that lol...but everybody loses swag points once in a while...he'll slip up eventually...u jus gotta wait 4 it n then exploit the FUCK out of it ya kno!

Prodigious said...

def fact lol....i couldn't stop laughing reading this...glad u made a big deal bout the g/f cuz u already kno how i feel...lol...newho idk wat to say about the sit. i can usually predict an outcome about 98% of the time but lately it's been like 75% lol....