Thursday, May 15, 2008

(Pause) No Thanks!: Havoc Wreaking with the Bestie!

Rumored to be 70 degrees yesterday, I woke up and got dressed. It's an unwritten rule that you can't be in doors on nice days in Boston, especially in the spring. They are so rare - gotta make the best of them! Because I haven't done laundry in what feels like months (and it actually just may be- i just keep buying new clothes) I had to get a lil dressed up, but I was comfortable no less.

After I scraped for change in all my bags, jeans, jackets, and on the floor, I came up with enough coins for the train. Daddy paid for brunch. The train was free! Due to some inconvenience and by inconvenience I mean they had a shuttle bus at the BC stop that took you down about 5/6 stops then you got off and then got on the train for the rest of the way into the city. I was cool, I had food and a great mix on my dying ipod.

I get to south station, bought a purple lilac(?) flower, a 39 cent lil floral note/card, penned something sweet and walked over to Deb's booth. I stood at the doorway flower in hand and yes, yes, yes, she BLUSHED! Apparently, it's not just me. She couldn't stop smiling. But what I couldn't get over was how her husband was there minutes earlier doing the same EXACT thing (except his flower was your typical, unoriginal rose - wackness at its finest! lol)! Talk about being on the same frequency. So apparently we made her day - hey, that's what I'm here for.

We talk about plans for the supposedly 70 degree day that felt more like 55 (damn this city) and come up with none. That's fine, we never really need plans anyway. FOOD! Yes, we agree. I say Maggies. She says broke! (heeeyyyy, hooooo, heyyyyy, hoooo) I've been craving some fettuccine alfredo and broccoli and some mushroom ravioli al forno soooo badly (take me out on a date anyone???? I'll pay for the movie.) Anyway, back to the story, so we finagle it. Our pressed sandwiches weren't as good as the last ones we had there, but good nonetheless. We sit and eat, and exchange silly story and joke after another. We talk about life, some important things, meaningful things, but what we really LOVE to do when we are together is people watch. We play this game where we see something COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS and try not to say anything - meanwhile the other person is laughing hysterically talking all the shit in the world. We both end up nearly falling over in laughter. That skinny jeans thing came up again. Deb pointed out that everyone in the world wears them now, even old men - they just have them up under their neck.

We leave finagle and we walk aimlessly. Because I'm jobless, which means I'm payless, which means I'm movie ticketless, and I could careless-less....(lol I'm stupid). But yeah so after I scrape up $16.10 we decide Daddy will buy my movie ticket (like he bought my 2nd lunch) and I will buy Deb's 'cause she's at the bi-weekly slump. (way to put all your business out there, huh?) So I wanted to see something chick-flick-ish. Made of Honor! I liked it. Got me thinking about....well nevermind, that's another post all together..... (and no, not marriage - maybe Deb - now that's what I call a rumor! I'm starting it now!)

We leave the movie and after beating around the bush and asking Deb all sorts of unnecessary questions about what time her train leaves, we end up satisfying my craving for ice cream. Idk, but chick-flick and ice cream just go together. McFlurry it is....

"Ehhe-oiyo"
What in the hell? I think to myself.
"Ehhe-oiyo!"
This time I turn my head fully to the left to avoid Deborah's face and the lady's. What is she saying?????
"Ehhe-oiyo!!!!"
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! M&M or OREO!!!!!!!!!
"Oh M&M" I say, holding back tears and laughter.

"You pu-i-a-u-li-t"
Translation: You put as much ice as you like in it. To Deb, about making her own sweet tea.

I don't like making fun of people's accents, but she was NOT speaking English. She thought she was but, ummm, no... And cut me some slack, I can joke 'cause my parents have accents too (but they speak English tho...anyway)

We had food, people watched, watched people on a big screen, stifled our sugar teeth, and now what?

The only thing left to do, talk to random people on the street while we walk aimlessly, yet again. We have to say HI to every 3rd guy who passes by us (sorry ladies, you usually pop an attitude with us when we do this). In most cases we get HI, and sometimes they even throw in a how are ya. One guy got me with the HI before I could. Damn You! We talked briefly with three guys pretending to act like rednecks. Then we pass a guy with a camera and Deb tells him, Hey, you should take a picture of us! He smiles, pauses, and says "No, thanks." At this point, I'm laughing so hard I could lose control of bladder.

Why was I laughing so hard, not only 'cause dude dissed Deb (and me - sorry had to take advantage of the alliteration with that one), but because I had a great day. A day I know I could only have had with bestie. A day of suprise flowers, aimless walking, and purposefully embarrassing ourselves in public. Love it!

Can't wait to do it again.

Meanwhile, on the train ride home I realized I was gonna be bored at school....

Dropple saved the day! Play at your own risk!

0 comments: